Friday, November 03, 2006

AAG Meeting, Collapse Posters

Here are the instructions for those who wish to submit papers or posters to present at the annual meeting of the Association of American Geographers (AAG) in San Francisco, April 21-27 2007. The deadline to register for the meetings is Nov. 7, 2006. (It is really the 9th, but don't wait that long).

First, if you are not already a member you must join the AAG. You'll need a Master Card or Visa to do this online.

Next, you must register for the meeting. You may have to wait up to a day after you join to register for the meeting. Select the full registration for the whole week. We will seek reimbursement from the University for your registration costs.

Next, you must  submit an abstract for you paper or poster. See the instructions to compose your abstract; I'll post one later today (Friday) in the comments as an example of how to proceed.

Political Geography students: we will be presenting a coordinated set of posters dealing with your midterm paper topics. The topic of the posters will be "Interpreting the Breakdown of Iraq Using Diamond's 5 Criteria for Societal Collapse". The title of your particular poster should be "Comparing the Collapse of (similar society) to Modern-Day Iraq: Similarities and Contrasts." When you finish drafting your abstract, we'll go over it before you submit it online. Once you've got this all done, we can get ready to go to San Francisco for a week of cold, drizzly weather. Hooray!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will not be here friday and wanted to take the test when I return after spring break. I went home for spring break.

7:44 AM, March 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO MY NAME IS OSMAN HOWARD AND I Learned the The European community has expanded four times in the half century. that just seems so crazy that so many people can be born in such a short time.I also think it is important and interesting because even though it is a good thing that there is a growth in the population...i also think it is bad becasue that means they have more crime and a risk of diseases because it is so populated. Osman Howard

11:40 PM, April 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home